Going Green – Spring Cleaning Tips That Are Good for the Earth
Spring cleaning is a popular time to get your life into shape. You can use the opportunity to make many positive changes to your home and life. You can organize, clean, and bring a happy and peaceful feeling to yourself once you’re finished.
In addition, you can take earth friendly steps to do what’s best for the planet
while you’re cleaning.
Here are some ways you can go green while spring cleaning:
1. Use green cleaning products. Your first step should be to use green cleaning
products instead of traditional products that contain harsh chemicals. These products
are better for your own health as well as the environment. This is because they’re
non-toxic and are generally made from renewable resources.
2. Make your own cleaning products. You don’t even need to purchase “green”
specific cleaning products. You can clean just as well using homemade cleaning
solutions made from baking soda and vinegar. They’re known as the ultimate
all-purpose cleaners and can clean nearly any surface.
3. Air out your home. One of the easiest and best ways to bring a natural and clean
feeling to your home is to simply air it out. This will flow out toxins and rejuvenate
your home in a completely natural way. The best part: All you need to do is open the
4. Keeping your air fresh. Do you use air fresheners to keep your house smelling nice? Rather than buying ready-made fresheners, you can go with something completely natural, instead. Herbs and plants give off pleasant odors. You can even
consider baking more often to bring some nice scents into the home.
5. Use green cleaning services. Maybe you don’t always have time to complete your
cleaning on your own, especially the deeper cleaning that’s usually associated with
spring cleaning. Shop your local area for people advertising green cleaning services;
it’ll take the work out of green cleaning for you and you know you’ll be doing the best thing for your home and family.
6. Prevent unnecessary dirt. You can also use spring cleaning time to bring out some new home rules created with prevention, instead of clean-up, in mind.
• Start with the floors and all the dirty, toxic materials that get brought in on your shoes. Simply start a “no shoes indoors” policy and your house will stay cleaner in the first place.
7. Air-dry your laundry. During spring cleaning, you might be taking the time to wash many larger items like blankets and comforters. Find a clothes line and air dry these if possible.
8. Cleaning your furniture. You can even make your own wood cleaners and polish
with healthy, natural ingredients. Use a combination of olive oil and lemon juice to
clean and polish your wood furniture. This cleaner produces a shiny and pleasant
Going green with your spring cleaning is a great idea. You’re helping the planet,
exposing yourself to fewer chemicals, and saving money at the same time. Oftentimes, it’s just best to go natural. Follow these tips to help you go green while you clean!